Hunger and food insecurity has impacted over 400,000 people in Arkansas in recent years. And well over 100,000 of them are children. Also, seniors are among the most vulnerable for food insecurity. Some seniors are paying rent, medical needs, insurance, and barely have anything left for food. The Missions committee at Presbyterian Church of Bella Vista is making a difference by diligently providing much needed food relief with our Blessing Box. And you can help by donating food items!
Below are the recommended donations that the Blessing Box supports:
No canned foods if temperatures above 80 degrees or freezing temperatures. No expired items. No perishable items.
- Pastas, rice, beans, noodles,
- Dried fruits
- Canned foods with pull-tops (vegetables, fruits, soups, juices, and meats)
- Package mixes (pancakes, oatmeal, muffins, cookies)
- Snacks: bars, nuts, crackers, pretzels, cookies
- Coffee, tea, evaporated milk, dried milk
- Peanut butter, jellies
- Household Items
- Personal Products, baby supplies
Blessing Box Credits
Bill Walters, Tom Hackleman, Sue Predl, David Riter, Florence Riter, Marinell Anderson